Two further athletes have been selected to represent New Zealand in Athletics at the 2019 World University Games in Naples, Italy (8-13 July).
Decathlete Aaron Booth and distance runner George (Geordie) Beamish have been named in the final selection announcement for the Games team. The two athletes join 26 others, who were announced in mid-April.
Booth returns to the Games for the second time, hoping to better his bronze medal from 2017. Beamish has been selected for the 1500m and 5000m and will make his Games debut.
The initial team announcement can be found here.
Additions to the support staff team have also been named as follows:
- Dale Stevenson, Throws Coach
- Jeremy McColl, Pole Vault Coach
- Terry Lomax, Combined Events/Jumps Coach
- Elena Brown, Sprints/Relays Coach
- Craig Motley, Distance Coach