We have received information that the Oceania Athletics Association (OAA) has offered to fund one male and one female New Zealand athlete to compete in the Oceania Half Marathon or Marathon Championships in the Gold Coast, Australia on Sunday 7 July 2019.
OAA have advised that the representative/s shall be the winner of the Federation's National Half Marathon or Marathon Championships, or the next best available athlete.
Due to the 2019 Athletics NZ Half Marathon Championships occurring after the closing date of applications, we have opened up applications to include results from the following (in no particular order):
- The winner of the 2018 or 2019 Athletics NZ Marathon Championships (or the next best available athlete); or
- The winner of the 2018 Athletics New Zealand’s National Half Marathon Championships in Dunedin (or the next be available athlete); or
- Alternatively, athletes can submit their performances for Marathon or Half Marathon competitions within the period of 1 July 2018 to 2 June 2019. These results must appear on the Athletics NZ Rankings Website.
Athlete’s economy class flights (from a New Zealand major or capital city airport), shared accommodation and per diem for meals (up to three nights max) will be covered along with ground transport for the period of the Championships. Travel Insurance, uniform, domestic flights and any other related costs will be at the athlete’s expense. All travel will be organised by the Oceania Athletics Association and all remaining logistics will be organised by Athletics NZ.
Any athletes interested in applying, please contact Jess Jones with the following information;
- Full Name
- New Zealand Passport scan
- Phone number
- Which distance you are applying for – Half Marathon or Full Marathon
- Singlet and shorts sizing (2XU brand)
- Physical postal address
Applications close at 5pm on Sunday 2 June 2019 and the two successful athletes will be announced by 5pm Friday 7 June 2019.
Visit the Gold Coast Marathon website here.