We have received information that Oceania Athletics Association has kindly offered to fund one male and one female New Zealand athlete to compete in the Oceania Half Marathon and/or Marathon Championships in the Gold Coast, Australia on Sunday 3 July 2016.
OAA have advised that the representative/s shall be the winner of the Federation's National Half Marathon OR Marathon Championship, or the next best available athlete from that National Half Marathon OR Marathon Championships.
Due to the short timeframe before the 2016 NZ Marathon Championships, we have opened up applications to also include results from the 2015 NZ Marathon Championships (Auckland Marathon).
2016 NZ Athletes to be funded shall either be:
- The winner of Athletics New Zealand’s National 2015 Marathon Championships (Auckland Marathon) (or the next best available athlete); OR
- The winner of Athletics New Zealand’s National 2016 Marathon Championships (Rotorua Marathon) (or the next best available athlete); OR
- The winner of Athletics New Zealand’s National 2016 Half Marathon Championships (Christchurch Half Marathon – 5 June 2016) (or the next best available athlete).
Athlete’s economy class flights (from a NZ major or capital city airport), shared accommodation and per diem for meals (up to three nights max) will be covered along with ground transport for the period of the Championship. Travel Insurance, uniform, domestic flights and any other related costs will be at the athlete’s expense. All travel will be organized by the Oceania Athletics Association.
Any athletes interested in applying, please contact Deb Develter with the following information;
- Full Name
- NZ Passport scan
- Which distance you are applying for – Half Marathon or Full Marathon
- Marathon applicants - Result from Athletics New Zealand’s National 2015 AND/OR 2016 Marathon Championships.
Applications close at 5pm on Wednesday 1 June 2016 and the two successful athletes will be announced by 5pm Wednesday 8 June 2016.
Visit the Oceania and Gold Coast Marathon website here.