Oceania Athletics Association has kindly offered to fund up to four New Zealand walkers ( up to two males and up to two females) to compete in the Oceania & Australian 20km Race Walking Challenge, 20km races, in Adelaide on Sunday 21stFebruary 2016.
Athlete’s flights, ground transport and up to two nights’ accommodation (twin share) would be covered. Travel insurance and any other related costs would be at the athlete’s cost.
Any athletes interested in applying, please contact Deb Develter (Deb@athletics.org.nz) with the following information;
· Full Name
· NZ Passport scan
· Personal Best, and Season Best for 2015
Applications close on Tuesday 1st December 2015.
Factors that will be taken into consideration when nominating athletes to Athletics Australia and Oceania Athletics Association include:
· New Zealand Rankings for 2015
· Placing in the Men’s and Women’s 20km race, to be held in conjunction with the New Zealand Long Distance Race Walking Championships, 21st November 2015
· Competitive record for 2015
Note: Please note that Athletics New Zealand is only nominating athletes, Athletics Australia and Oceania Athletics Association will make the final selection of the up to four names Athletics New Zealand nominates.
Any other athlete is welcome to participate at the Championship at their own costs. Other events being held are:
· 20km Race Walk - Open/U23 Men & Open/U23 Women
· 10km Race Walk - U20 Men & U20 Women
· 5km Race Walk - U18 Men & U18 Women
You can find more information on the Athletics Australia website below.