WHAT HAPPENS IMMEDIATELY AFTER I GET CARDED?
- You will receive an email from ANZ-HP confirming your acceptance into the programme. The email will ask you to fill out and submit the HPSNZ nomination and consent form and return it to ANZ-HP. Your nomination and consent form will be processed by HPSNZ and you will be added to the carding list.
- You will be contacted by the Athlete Support Manager to set up a time for your “induction meeting” for you, your coach, and parents if applicable.
- To confirm your carding status and funding support athletes and coaches will be required to meet with the relevant Athletics NZ Programme Coach and/or staff member to review your performance plans. Once an athlete has been allocated HP funding those funds can be claimed back via the Athlete Support Manager.
HIGH PERFORMANCE FUNDING
Your High Performance funding will be allocated based on submission of plans. You can claim these back via the Athlete Support Manager.
Your HP funds can be used for items which have a direct impact on your performance including:
- Travel and accommodation for the athlete and coach to competitions
- Equipment for training/competition (e.g. shot puts, javelins; only if pre approved)
- Supplements approved by the ANZ-HP/HPSNZ Nutritionist
Your HP funding cannot be used on anything which does not have a direct impact on your performance including but not limited to:
- Athlete representatives or managers
- Music players or laptop computers
- Funding support for family members (ie. Travel, accommodation, food)
- Any services provided through the HPSNZ Athlete Performance Support Programme (e.g. medical, physio, nutrition etc)
ATHLETE PERFORMANCE SUPPORT
Athlete Performance Support is available for carded athletes and includes injury and illness prevention and rehabilitation, strength and conditioning, nutrition, athlete life advice, performance and technique analysis, physiology, psychology and performance planning.
You can find more information about what is available here.
Our Athlete Performance Support philosophy is to have:
- World class Performance Services support system
- Quality individual performance plans with targeted resourcing
- Effective international team and competition medical support
- Integrated injury prevention and management programme
- Innovation technology and research