2:25.21 NZ Record
19 November 1981
Counties Manakau Athletics
Providence, Rhode Island, USA
One of New Zealand’s top achieving female distance runners, Kim Smith will be contesting the marathon at her first Commonwealth Games after competing at three Olympic Games in Athens, Beijing and London. Based in Providence, USA she holds every New Zealand record from 3000m to the marathon and finished 15th in the London 2012 Olympic Marathon in 2:26:59. Her experience and consistency will bode her well on this marathon course that starts and finishes in Glasgow Green and places her in strong contention for a podium finish.
- Marathon 15th Olympic Games 2012 2:26:59
- Half Marathon 7th World Championships 2009
- 10,000 8th at World Championships 2009
- 10,000 Olympic finalist 2008
- 10,000 5th World Championships 2007
- 3000 6th World Indoor Championships 2008
- NZ record holder 3000, 5000, 10,000, half marathon, marathon
Unfortunately due to an Achilles tendon injury, Kimberley has made the tough decision to withdraw from the Commonwealth Games.