2020 Oceania Area Permit Meets
The 2019/2020 Summer Calendar has been a collaborative operation between Athletics New Zealand, Athletics Australia and the Oceania Athletics Association (OAA).
It is likely that the Oceania Region will be awarded eight IAAF Area Permit meets.
The IAAF has recommended two programs (A and B) be alternated between event locations (Australia and New Zealand). With the support of OAA, Athletics New Zealand and Athletics Australia have agreed on several event changes between programs A and B (which are now finalised) to give our athletes the best possible competition program. You can see the schedule of events below.
The key meets for the 2019-20 domestic season will therefore be the New Zealand Track & Field Championships (06-08 March 2020), three IAAF Permit Meets in New Zealand and five in Australia.
- Saturday 1st Feb Jandakot Airport Track Classic, IAAF Level C (Oceania Area Tier 2)
- Thursday 6th Feb Melbourne Track Classic, IAAF Level C (Oceania Area Tier 2)
- Thursday 13th Feb Canberra Track Classic, IAAF Level B (Oceania Area Tier 1)
- Saturday 15th Feb Porritt Classic, Hamilton, IAAF Level C (Oceania Area Tier 2)
- Saturday 22nd Feb Sydney Track Classic, IAAF Level C (Oceania Area Tier 2)
- Sunday 23rd Feb Sir Graeme Douglas International, Auckland, IAAF Level B (Oceania Area Tier 1)
- Friday 28th Feb Capital Classic, Wellington, IAAF Level B (Oceania Area Tier 1)
- Friday 20th March Brisbane Oceania Area Permit meet (Oceania Area Tier 1)
ANZ-HP programme athletes (carded and PPS athletes) may be eligible to receive travel assistance to both the Australian and New Zealand Area Permit Meets. More information regarding domestic season funding will be released in due course.
With the Area Permit Meet dates and programmes now confirmed, we will be working with the relevant event hosts to confirm the rest of the NZ domestic summer calendar as soon as possible.