Athletics New Zealand Rankings website
The Athletics New Zealand Rankings website was launched at the recent Athletics New Zealand Annual General Meeting. Here is an update on this new web site from Gavin Lovegrove. This update covers its functionality and its current status.
We have been developing the site for the past few months.
• Currently you can view 2008/09 season lists for all events: Top 10, 20 and 50 options.
• Covers age groups: Open Men, M19, M16, Open Women, W19, W16
• A 'minimum ranking' standards list can be seen via the home page
• Each listing firstly displays the top 10 'Performances' followed by the top 10, 20 or 50 'Performers'.
• Each list allows a direct link (by clicking on the athlete’s name) to their own profile with options to view all of their events that have ranked performances. Order by performance or date.
• Records section: Display options to view ALL national records (eg., All Comers, National, Resident ... by age group). *Note, this area is still being populated.
• Download section: Provides real-time pdf downloads of all lists, ensuring up-to-date rankings.
We are still looking into the best way of dealing with the vast amounts of historical data and how we integrate them into the new system.
Distances, timing formats, implement weights and heights including age groups have all changed over the years (considering records that go back to the early 1900's!). What is relevant with what and how they compare to today’s standards will take some working out.
However, we are looking at compiling an extensive all time list.
We are also looking at the addition of a 'search for athlete profile' function.
Aside from that we are just working on a few minor corrections to some lists.